This is a guraduate program under the Department of Mechatronics Engineering, provides training in master and doctorate level.
Mechatronics is a new approach raised from the synergistic integration of the sciences of mechanics, electronics and computer disciplines. Mechatronics engineers do not behave just as the mechanical or electronic engineers in view of the problems and projects, but they also think about the requirements of different disciplines in design stages by looking at them in great perspective. The goal of Mechatronics Master of Science (MSc) in ITU is to teach the engineers who come from different disciplines such as mechanics, electronics and computing to use. The approach of other discipline and also the synergistic approach of the Mechatronic design.
Students are required to take optional courses on mechatronics in accordance with the requirements of the subject that will be thesis and in addition four other courses along with the mathematics and three compulsory subjects on mechatronics approved by their advisors. In compulsory mechatronic design course, students develop mechanical construction, electronic cards ve control systems prototypes that designed by themselves.
Graduates of Mechatronic Engineering in ITU, can prepare their thesis in the laboratories of Mechatronics Education and Research Center, established by DPT and equipped with the last technological devices.
- Unmanned Land Vehicles
- Hybrid Vehicles
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (Helicopter, Plane and Zeppelin)
- Electrical Minibus
- Automotive Mechatronic
- Humanoid Robotic
- Humanoid Playing Football
- Image Processing
- Motion Control and Applications
- Rapid Controller Prototyping
- Simulations with Equipment and Simulators
- Micro and Nano Dimensional Manipulation and Control, Small Scaled Robotics
- Sensor & Actuator Activist Design
- Resonance (Vibration)
- Artificial Neural Network—Algorithm Studies of Fuzzy Logic Learning
The department has a laboratory including pneumatic, electromagnetic, sensorial techniques, industrial communication systems, PLC, an example of modular production system, hydraulic transparent models and various modelling software graduate students can use computer and other related laboratory facilities of the faculties of mechanical and electrical-electronics
Mechatronics Education and Research Center:
- Laboratory of Robotics and Manufacturing
- Laboratory of Humanoid
- Laboratory of Hybrid and Electrical Vehicles, Motor ECU Control and Simulation
- Laboratory of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- Laboratory of Micro / Nano Motion Control and Robotic Systems
- Unite of Laser Press Stage System and Rapid Prototyping
- Laboratory of Laser with Femtosecond Throw
- Laboratory of Basic Control and PLC
- Mechatronic System Application
Who can apply?
Application for MSc in Mechatronics Engineering Mechatronics master science programme, is preferentially for graduates of mechanics, electronics and control engineering. Applications of other engineering graduates are decided by evaluating in terms of consistency to the programme.
Click for more